Closing Date: 20 Sep, 2019
Tourism Sales Coordinator
A fantastic opportunity has opened up for a Tourism Sales Coordinator in the Marketing Department of OA. This position will be supporting the delivery of Opera Australia's marketing activity, especially in the areas of tourism marketing, content distribution, website, and administration.
Opera Australia is Australia's national opera company, dedicated to enriching Australia's cultural life with exceptional opera and sustaining and developing the art form, with over 600 opera performance a year. The Company works with leading directors, artists and designers, and employs a large number of highly skilled people in the areas of scenic construction and painting, wardrobe and wig-making, stage production, management and administration.
Main responsibilities include:
1. Processing Tourism Bookings through Tessitura, and manage all reservations;
2. Manage a database of all travel agents and tourism offices, and work with them in making arrangements and amendments to itineraries;
3. Update website content using the content management system eRube and CRM system Tessitura;
4. Create and update tourism sales collateral, including annual rates sheets, fact sheets, video training and international translations;
5. Create monthly e-mail updates to the travel trade database using templates in the enewsletter system Mail2;
6. Assist with the coordination of events for concierge and local tour operators;
7. Prepare reports about tourism marketing and sales results;
8. Process tourism related invoices in the iPOS purchase order system;
9. Identify opportunities in the groups and tourism area, including analysing the database and activity, as well as identifying new opportunities; and
10. Assist the Head of Marketing & Tourism with administrative tasks as required.
- Demonstrated experience in ticketing and/or tourism marketing.
- Demonstrated experience in administration roles.
- Sound organisational and administrative skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Literacy in Photoshop or InDesign and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in editing website content.
- Good proof-reading ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a polite and professional manner.
- A demonstrated ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- A team player who is self-motivated and shows initiative.
- Fluency in Mandarin a plus, but not required.
This position won't last long! APPLY NOW THROUGH OUR WEBSITE: https://opera.org.au/aboutus/management/employment/jobs
ONLY APPLICATIONS THROUGH OPERA AUSTRALIA'S WEBSITE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Fulltime Fixed Term
Applications close 20 September 2019.
Only applicants will full Australian working rights can apply for this position.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES.