Closing Date: 23 Aug, 2019
Ticketing & Events Coordinator
The Ticketing & Events Coordinator supports both the ticketing and hospitality elements of State Opera’s annual season of productions, as well as the stakeholder events associated with sponsor / donor servicing. This role coordinates all operational ticketing elements for the organisation, and in addition provides invaluable administrative and on-the-ground support for a significant number of VIP and stakeholder events. This new position represents a compelling opportunity for a diligent, personable individual with an existing understanding of ticketing and/or events, who has ambitions to expand their experience in a busy, dynamic, vibrant environment. The part-time nature of the role may suit an existing arts worker who maintains a second part-time role; a student studying in a relevant discipline with a flexible study schedule; or an experienced events or administrative professional seeking part-time hours. Candidates with prior box office experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Manage seat holds, RSVPs, and seating allocation for invited guests, staff, artists, charity
tickets, competition winners, and corporate partners.
• Allocate and issue charity and competition tickets and vouchers.
• Liaise with BASS Ticketing to troubleshoot issues and request ticket information /
• Collate invitation lists, write invitation copy, design and schedule all email invitations
and communications, track RSVPs, and prepare event briefing documents.
• Assist with organising events (including fundraising events, opening nights, the Artistic
Director’s Circle and the State Opera Club events), including venue liaison, theming,
resource planning, and scheduling.
• Work on-the-ground at each event (distributing tickets, greeting guests, etc).
• Provide a tailored and thoughtful customer service experience to all stakeholders,
including managing ticketing queries and requests over the phone and via email.
Administration / Customer Service
• Update and maintain donor and customer database Salesforce, and other relevant
• Assist with taking and processing donations.
• Answer reception phone line and direct calls / act as reception for the organisation as
required when Company Administrator is absent.
• Enhance and promote State Opera’s profile and reputation amongst stakeholders and
the wider South Australian community
• Any other tasks that may reasonably be expected of this role.
Essential Selection Criteria:
• Broad existing understanding of ticketing and events
• Diligent consistent worker with the ability to complete tasks to deadline with attention
to detail and accuracy
• Natural flair and intuition for understanding stakeholder needs, values and requests and
responding in a tailored, professional and consistent approach and customer service focus
• Ability to understand databases and online tools
• Sound working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Excellent customer service skills and a willingness to assist opera subscribers and ticketbuyers
• The ability to independently and creatively problem-solve and resolve customer queries
and concerns with diplomacy and tact
• Dedication to contributing to a supportive team and communicating effectively with
colleagues to ensure success
• The ability to work on-the-ground at events, including in the evening and on weekends
Desirable Selection Criteria:
• Prior box office and ticketing experience
• Prior function and/or event experience
• Prior experience in using Salesforce and/or a ticketing sales system
• Interest in further developing understanding and skills in planning and producing events
• Knowledge and interest in opera and the performing arts and/or the charitable sector
Nature of role: This is a part-time role, equivalent to 3 days per week. While there may be
some flexibility in the days of the week selected, each day will commence at 8.45am to
provide support on reception as needed.
The role will often be required to work outside of business hours and on weekends; with
appropriate management of hours and Time Off in Lieu to offset.
Remuneration: $50,000 per annum FTE / pro rata salary of $30,000 per annum, plus 9.5%
Closing date for applications: Friday 23 August 2019, 9am
Interviews: First round interviews held in the final week of August 2019
Please email applications or initial requests for more information to Chief Operating Officer Alison Nadebaum via firstname.lastname@example.org
Commencement date: Ideal commencement date is mid-September 2019.