Closing Date: 04 Oct, 2019
The Australian Ballet is seeking an experienced ballet pianist to join the Music Team. Applicants must be expert pianists, have considerable experience in playing for professional ballet classes and rehearsals, and a broad knowledge of the classical ballet repertoire.
- Work with a world leading ballet company based in one of the world’s most liveable cities
- Accompany ballet classes, rehearsals and perform concerti, as required, during the Company’s seasons
- Tour with the company across Australia and internationally
The Australian Ballet is one of the world’s leading national dance companies and a globally recognised performing arts organisation. Each year the
company presents upwards of 220 performances through its main stage seasons in Australia along with public programs, special events, an extensive regional
tour, a Children’s Ballet and Education programs and regular overseas tours.
Pianists of The Australian Ballet have the possibility of performing concerti and solo repertoire in the Company’s seasons and for performing orchestral
piano/keyboard in the Company’s seasons. Salary level will depend on the experience and capacities of the candidate.
The Australian Ballet is based in Melbourne but undertakes extensive touring every year, in Australia and overseas, so applicants must be willing to spend extended time away from home. In particular, the Company spends approximately 12-14 weeks a year in Sydney (one period of approx. 6 weeks in April/May and a second in November/December).
To be successful in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following key requirements:
- Prepare for and accompany the Company’s classes
- Have a broad knowledge of classical ballet repertoire
- Ability to learn repertoire quickly
- Ability to work in a highly pressured environment
- Prepare for and accompany rehearsals of the Company's extremely diverse repertoire
- Accompany the dancers in a range of sponsorship, marketing and philanthropic activities (as required)
Please submit your application that includes a cover letter, CV and recording to email@example.com.
Candidates that are shortlisted will audition live or via skype. Repertoire for the audition will be sent upon application.