Closing Date: 16 Sep, 2019
Sydney Dance Company is looking for a Philanthropy Assistant to provide administrative support across all areas of Sydney Dance Company’s Philanthropy Department.
Hours: Full-time (38 hours per week), 9am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with additional evening and weekend work as required
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Reporting to: Head of Philanthropy
About Sydney Dance Company
Sydney Dance Company is Australia’s leading contemporary dance company, celebrating 50 years in 2019. Under the artistic directorship of Rafael Bonachela,
Sydney Dance Company has a full-time ensemble of 17 dancers, a public dance class program and extensive education and outreach programs. The Company
presents three annual performance seasons in Sydney and undertakes regular national and international touring. Sydney Dance Company offices are temporarily
located at 45 Jones Street, Ultimo, with the Studios a short walk away at 385 Wattle Street, Ultimo, while our heritage home at the Wharf, Hickson
Road is being refurbished as part of the Walsh Bay Arts Precinct redevelopment.
The Philanthropy Department is a vibrant, busy and successful team of three, working closely with the Corporate and Events team to raise over a fifth of
Sydney Dance Company’s annual $12 million revenue. This is achieved through a strategic blend of philanthropic programs, corporate partnerships and
small and large-scale fundraising events.
The Philanthropy Department comprises a Head of Philanthropy, Philanthropy Coordinator and Philanthropy Assistant (as advertised), working closely with
the Corporate Development Manager, Corporate Partnerships & Events Executive, CRM & Ticketing Manager, Ticketing Specialist and the Marketing
Department, all reporting to the Deputy Executive Director. The Philanthropy Assistant plays a vital role in the Department, providing administrative
support across the team. The role also interacts with the Artistic Director and Company dancers, and has a close working relationship with the Education
& Outreach, Programming and Production Departments.
- Under the direction of the Head of Philanthropy and in conjunction with the Philanthropy Coordinator, coordinate correspondence to donors as required;
- Process donations, receipts and thank you letters;
- Raise invoices for the Philanthropy Department as required;
- Maintain accurate donor records on Tessitura (CRM);
- Undertake general administrative and research tasks in relation to philanthropy and fundraising campaigns to support the Department.
- Support the Philanthropy Coordinator and Corporate Partnerships & Events Executive to coordinate lists, invitations and RSVPs for Sydney Dance Company events;
- Assist the Philanthropy Coordinator with administrative tasks for the suite of internal and external events;
- Assist the Corporate Partnerships & Events Executive with event planning and delivery of internal and external events;
- Together with members of the Philanthropy Department, attend fundraising and stewardship events as a representative of Sydney Dance Company;
- Communicate with guests invited to Sydney Dance Company events regarding their attendance.
- Assist in coordination of design and printing of collateral associated with the Philanthropy Department and the updating of Philanthropy marketing materials including the website, banners and brochures;
- Assist with research and preparation of content for the Partner e-communications.
- Assist the Philanthropy Department with other activities as required.
Skills and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualification
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite
- Superior organisational skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and self-discipline
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, whilst autonomously managing competing tasks
- Experience with customer service or external-facing business relationships
- Knowledge of database systems; particularly Tessitura and email server Wordfly desirable
- Awareness of fundraising best practice
- Administration experience in the performing arts.
This position is a permanent full-time position based in Sydney Dance Company’s offices with the working hours nominated as 9am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with some flexibility required – including evening events, weekend work and potentially interstate travel.
How to Apply Please submit your application by 12pm on Monday 16 September:
- Letter addressing your experience and skills in relation to the Role Description
To: Michelle Boyle, Head of Philanthropy
Sydney Dance Company
45 Jones Street, ULTIMO, NSW 2007