Closing Date: 21 Aug, 2019
Marketing and Publicity Assistant
Sydney Dance Company is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Marketing & Publicity Assistant who will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Publicity Manager to promote and build the profile of Sydney Dance Company’s performance seasons, tours, education program and dance classes. The successful candidate will be skilled, organized, have a positive attitude and a passion for arts and culture.
ABOUT SYDNEY DANCE COMPANY
Sydney Dance Company is Australia’s leading Contemporary Dance Company. The Company offices are temporarily located in Ultimo while renovations take place on our home in Walsh Bay as part of the Walsh Bay Arts Precinct redevelopment. The Company performs regularly in Sydney and Melbourne as well as undertaking extensive national and international touring.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance of the Head of Marketing and Publicity Manager, carry out the following marketing activity:
- Niche Marketing: Negotiate and implement third party promotional activity through niche marketing to drive sales for specific campaigns
- Research and develop Sydney Dance Company’s database of marketing contacts
- Research distribution avenues for marketing collateral and organise dissemination of materials
- Copywriting of blog content
- CRM: Drafting Classes eNews and solus eDMs
- Proof-read marketing collateral and facilitate feedback across multiple departments where necessary
- Liaising with artists, teachers and internal departments to assist with compiling show programs, brochures and marketing collateral
- Plan and implement marketing plans for dance classes and education, under the guidance of the Head of Marketing and Marketing Coordinator
- Provide support and assist with Social Media posts and monitoring
- Provide creative input to Company dancer, audience and dance class attendee engagement activations
- Manage promotional tickets for Company shows
- Provide administrative support to the Marketing and Publicity teams in support of Sydney Dance Company’s goals and audience development targets
- Liaise with media to facilitate any publicity requests or opportunities
- Monitor and archive media clippings
- Assist with Classes + Schools publicity campaigns
- Assist with National publicity campaigns
- Maintaining media contact lists and ensuring contacts are up to date
- Actioning image requests from media and managing publicity image folders
- Assisting Publicity Manager at media calls
- Securing media promotions and listings
- Collating performance reviews and distributing to relevant stakeholders
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and the ability to liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and project management skills
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), computer savvy and the ability to learn new programs and platforms
- An ability to work autonomously, and to multitask to deliver competing priorities
- Willingness to take direction and work as part of a team
- A passion for the performing arts and ability to think creatively
- 1 – 2 years experience in a similar role
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, arts or social science
- Experience using an email service including WordFly will be an advantage
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Tessitura is beneficial, but not essential
- Familiarity with dance
If you feel that you have the right attitude and experience and would like to work for a highly respected Australian arts company, please address the selection criteria outlined in the position description and include your CV with current references in an email to Zena Morellini (Head of Marketing), email@example.com.
Applications close 9am on Wednesday 21 August 2019.
Applications received after this time may not be considered.
Interviews will be held with selected candidates in late August. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified via email on completion of the recruitment process.
Please contact Zena Morellini, Head of Marketing on 02 9258 4814 with any questions or if you’d like to discuss the role in more detail.
View full position description here.