Head of Operations and Planning
The Head of Operations and Planning is responsible for leading, and ensuring best practice for, the operations, production and planning functions of Orchestra Victoria, at the direction of the Orchestra’s Executive Director, and in consultation with the Artistic Director. The position supervises a team of staff, including the orchestra’s librarian.
Orchestra Victoria is seeking a highly-experienced manager to lead its operations team. The Head of Operations and Planning is responsible for;
- Leading, and ensuring best practice for, the operations, production and planning functions of Orchestra Victoria
- Ensuring occupational health, safety and wellbeing of musicians, in accordance with Orchestra Victoria’s policies, legislation and codes of practice
- Providing advice in relation to the interpretation of the company’s EA and associated polices and activities
- Overseeing the company’s facility and equipment management, freight, logistics, security and access
- In conjunction with the Orchestra Manager, and as required, take the lead role solely or jointly in managing production requirements for the Company’s self-presented performances, education programs and events
- Assisting with oversight of the musicians’ payroll and ensuring compliance with the EA, HR policies and regulations and other statutory requirements
Desired Skills & Experience
You are an exceptional organiser with a demonstrated ability to plan and deliver artistic programs within budget. You have significant knowledge of arts management, operations and OHS, and you thrive in a dynamic team environment focused on delivering orchestral pit service excellence to multiple stakeholders.
Please download the position description here.
Please address the selection criteria in your application. Applications and enquiries should be directed firstname.lastname@example.org.