Closing Date: 08 Oct, 2019
Sydney Symphony Orchestra is looking for an Executive Officer to run the CEO’s Office, including managing the CEO’s schedule, managing the company’s Government Affairs portfolio, administering the Board of Directors and its Committees, and administering the senior staff Executive Cabinet team.
The Executive Officer is an experienced facilitator with prior experience in a large, fast-paced corporate setting, superior Microsoft Office skills, and the ability to remain calm and work effectively in a busy, creative environment.
- CEO’s Office: Manage the Chief Executive’s time, schedule and electronic communications, ensuring that SSO stakeholders are prioritized effectively; draft CEO emails, briefing documents, speech and presentation materials; track and manage CEO’s assigned fundraising activity in coordination with Head of Philanthropy; and track communications with key stakeholders and government representatives.
- Government Affairs: In collaboration with the CEO, manage the government relations portfolio at local, state and Federal levels; track and update database records of relevant government stakeholders; administer government event invitations and RSVPs; prepare political briefings as directed; liaise with government representatives as needed; and prepare e-news content for government distribution.
- Board of Directors & Committees: In collaboration with CEO, Director of Finance and Company Secretary, manage annual Board calendar; finalise Board packets and materials for timely distribution; manage Board and Committee meeting logistics; and provide related support to ensure the smooth operation of Board-related matters.
- Executive Cabinet: Manage annual Executive Cabinet operations calendar; prepare and distribute weekly meeting materials; track assigned actions and deadlines; and communicate information across the Executive Cabinet and provide related support as needed to ensure the smooth operation of the group.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, achieving consistent progress on long-term projects while meeting the urgency of immediate demands. S/He must also be trustworthy, discreet, demonstrate good judgement and be able to manage highly confidential information while acting as a liaison between the Chief Executive Officer and other constituencies, both internal and external. S/He must exhibit the skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within and across all levels of the organisation.
In addition, the following qualifications, skills and characteristics are sought:
- A relevant university qualification and a minimum of 5 years’ demonstrated ability as a corporate administrator, preferably to a Chief Executive Officer;
- A proactive, anticipatory approach to work and a track record of successfully managing projects and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent English grammar, writing and spelling skills combined with a strong attention to detail;
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a polished personal presentation style;
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with discretion;
- Previous fundraising experience will be positively regarded, as will any prior experience working with fundraising databases, particularly Tessitura;
- A passion for arts, culture, and classical music; and
- The highest possible ethical standards in all aspects of professional life.
Please see our website for detailed Role Description plus required capabilities at sydneysymphony.com
Applications Close: Monday 8 October 2019 email@example.com
Applications to include: current resume, cover letter with claim for the position and contact details for 2 referees.