Closing Date: 11 Oct, 2019
Australian Brandenburg Orchestra is celebrating its 30th anniversary and are looking for a creative, resourceful and focused Communications Manager to help tell their story and build their brand.
We are seeking a commercially minded Communications Manager who has experience in crafting and executing highly impactful content and communications plans in a complex multi-channel environment. The successful applicant will enjoy working as part of a collaborative team and will possess exceptional publicity, communications and copywriting skills honed through five or more years’ experience in journalism, communications or publicity. The successful candidate’s nuanced understanding of the media landscape experience will include niche and mass market online and print publications, radio, free-to-air and view-on-demand television, and social media.
The Role The Communications Manager will be required to design and execute engaging publicity, content and communications strategies that have demonstrable commercial impact. Reporting into the Head of Marketing and Customer Relations you will:
- Design and implement communications, content and publicity strategies that drive increased brand engagement to new and existing audiences and customer groups.
- Effectively pitch, promote and publicise Australian Brandenburg Orchestra’s performances and secure impactful media coverage.
- Guide and guard our brand to ensure that Australian Brandenburg Orchestra is positioned as a unique and leading cultural voice.
- Develop a distinct personality for verbal communications.
- Write media releases, company news and editorial, and customer e-newsletters.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive communications and content calendars.
- Create compelling and informative story ideas with a tailored approach for ticketing, philanthropic and corporate audiences across owned, earned and paid channels.
- Build loyal and engaged communities on social media.
- Be confident working with marketing technologies including Tessitura, WordFly and social scheduling tool
Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders including Artistic Director, musicians, administration staff and the media.
- Tertiary qualification in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Media or another relevant field.
- Excellent network of influential media contacts at local and national level.
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills and demonstrated experience in implementing effective communications and content plans.
- Experience developing style guides.
- Demonstrated skills in crafting persuasive and engaging content for a variety of audiences and channels.
- Intuitive understanding of and experience in managing social media.
- Sound knowledge of media and materials production, and communication and amplification techniques.
- Deep interest in the arts, especially Baroque and Classical music.
- Experience in producing email marketing campaigns.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel.
- Knowledge of Tessitura is desirable but not mandatory.
Salary commensurate with experience
Applications close 5pm Friday 11 October
Please send CV and cover letter to: Tom Morgan Head of Marketing and Customer RelationsTomMorgan@brandenburg.com.au