Closing Date: 19 Sep, 2019
Associate Principal Horn
Interested in working in one of Australia’s most innovative orchestras, in one of the world’s most livable cities? Orchestra Victoria is a performance partner of Australia’s national ballet company, The Australian Ballet, and national opera company, Opera Australia. The Orchestra also has a rich performance life beyond the pit, providing music festivals, orchestral concerts and education programs, across the beautiful state of Victoria.
Associate Principal Horn is a full-time position with Orchestra Victoria. The salary for this position as a Level A Principal Musician starts at $80,250 per annum plus superannuation and allowances.
Applications are open to musicians of any nationality.
Interested musicians will be considered for the position via two processes;
1. Application for audition to undertake a pre-trial period
• Complete the attached Application for Audition form and submit along with CV.
• Auditions will be held on Thursday 31st October 2019 in Melbourne.
2. Expressions of Interest
Applicants with extensive orchestral experience may apply via an expression of interest
• Complete the attached Expression of Interest form. Submit along with CV and a recording of repertoire of your choice. This recording should be no less than 2 years old and no longer than 10mins in duration.
• A selection panel will determine suitable candidates to be invited to undertake a pretrial period with Orchestra Victoria. At this stage applicants may be requested to provide further materials including recordings for assessment.
• Candidates not selected via this process will be invited to participate in the open auditions on Thursday 31st October.
All applicants selected from the Audition or the Expression of Interest process to participate in pretrials will be required to:
1. Perform as Associate Principal Horn with Orchestra Victoria in either an opera or ballet
season, or both, and;
2. Perform an audition recital of repertoire selected by Orchestra Victoria.
Pre-trial candidates may be required to both lead the section and sit within the section. At the completion of all pre-trial periods the panel will determine if any candidates are suitable to be appointed to a full trial. The preferred candidate will be offered the position as a three-year contract in accordance with the OV-EA 2018-2020, which will be subject to a trial period of up to six months.
How to apply & further information
Please contact Harriette Blanden, Orchestra Manager on:
Tel: +61 3 9694 3607
Applications close: Thursday 19th September 2019