Closing Date: 10 Feb, 2020
The Accounts Assistant works under the guidance of the Head of Finance and is responsible for a variety of accounts payable tasks including the reconciliation and processing of all debit and credit card transactions, processing and filing of accounts payable invoices, banking of cash and cheques and other general administrative tasks as required.
Position: Accounts Assistant
Contract: Temporary Full-Time – 3 months
Reports to: Head of Finance
Commencement date: February 2020
The Accounts Assistant is an integral member of the Finance team, working collaboratively to support the smooth functioning of Queensland Ballet’s financial transactions, ensuring transparency, accuracy and efficiency.
This role reports to the Head of Finance and works closely with other members of the Finance Team.
ABOUT QUEENSLAND BALLET
Queensland Ballet is a vibrant, creative company which connects people and dance across around the world and nurtures emerging local talent by presenting exciting new works in an intimate studio series. With a culture of creativity and collaboration, complemented by an active program of engagement with our communities, Queensland Ballet has become the central hub for dance in the State. Our dancers are acclaimed for the technical excellence and versatility, and our annual program offers diversity in style, audience focus and geographic reach, with performances in Brisbane, tours around Queensland, Australia and the world, and a far-reaching community engagement program:creating magic, enriching lives.
The facilities at Queensland Ballet allow the Company to offer a full range of academy training and community access programs, including public dance classes. We are committed to providing a pathway for young talent through our Academy programs and dedicated to the pursuit of artistic excellence, dance education and innovative presentation of classical repertoire. With bold and confident ambitions for the future, including a three site: one vision strategy for our home infrastructure, we proudly build upon the legacy of many creative and gifted artists and arts-enablers who have been part of the Company’s rich history since 1960.
PRINCIPLES OF COMMITMENT
With bold intentions to be unconstrained we will create magic and enrich lives by delivering across four core pillars: Artistic, Academy, Arts for All and Cultural Spaces.
Influenced by five principles of commitment, all that we do and all that we are will remain true to thefour core pillars:
- 1. World class in all that we do – We will connect with international best-practices to inspire impactful excellence on stage, in studio, in business and in community.
- 2. Creative in every endeavour – We will nurture our artform, artists, students and arts workers by remaining nimble and open to possibilities.
- 3. Queensland in our hearts – We will celebrate our growing state and share its developments and spirit on the world stage.
- 4. Wellness across society – We will research, develop and deliver initiatives that positively impact all dimensions of wellbeing;social, cultural, emotional, physical, environmental and intellectual.
- 5. Sustainable practice – We will build a resilient ‘business of ballet’ that anchors all of ballet’s potential in longevity and legacy.
- • Support the Head of Finance with all Accounts Payable functions, ensure processing of creditors sub ledger entries.
- • Assist with the preparation of financial and statistical statements and reports, including month end tasks.
- • Compile and prepare routine reports and summaries, including monthly reconciliation for corporate credit and debit card accounts.
- • Interpret and apply accounting principles, rules and regulations in order to ensure compliance with applicable legislation and standards.
- • Analyse financial information in order to identify discrepancies, working to resolve any discrepancies in a timely fashion.
- • Manage company banking requirements and reconciliation of Petty Cash.
- • Support the Finance team with all accounts payable/receivable filing.
- • Maintain Confidentiality of all Company financial data.
- • Other adhoc accounting duties to support Finance team operations, including support for Accounts Receivable and Payroll functions.
- 1. Minimum 2+ years’ relevant hands on accounting experience.
- 2. Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with a variety of key stakeholders, including the ability to handle sensitive, confidential information with a high level of initiative, discretion and judgement.
- 3. High level organisational skills combined with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and proven experience in effectively managing competing priorities and deadlines.
- 4. Competent in the use of Microsoft office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and comfortable with a variety of financial accounting software, database management tools and technologies.
- 5. Demonstrated ability to handle business matters collaboratively, courteously and professionally, at all times ensuring a customer focus and a proactive approach to all financial tasks.
• An understanding/familiarity with the professional arts industry, dance and a passion for the creative industries.
GENERAL INFORMATION Recreation Leave
20 working days per year (pro-rata)
Ten working days per year (pro-rata)
Six months from commencement.
Hours of Work
Office hours are nominally 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday but the appointee may be required to be available to work after hours and on weekends as required.
Salary will be negotiated with preferred candidate. Superannuation is paid into the superannuation fund of your choice, currently at the rate of 9.5%.
Queensland Ballet provides a supportive and collaborative team environment combined with the opportunity to play an integral role in a dynamic and progressive organisation that is paving the way for the future of Ballet in Queensland. Our employees have access to weekly dance classes and various other health and well-being initiatives.
To apply for this position please forward a covering letter, current resume and statement addressing the selection criteria via email to:email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Monday 10 February 2020. Applications received after this time may not be considered. Referees will be sought from candidates following the interview process. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified via email on completion of the recruitment process.
For further information or for a confidential discussion please contact Human Resources on (07) 3013 6666.
We respectfully advise that no agency applications will be considered at this time.
Queensland Ballet is committed to providing an inclusive and child safe environment that is free from Workplace Harassment, Sexual Harassment and Bullying. Our robust human resources, recruitment and vetting practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interviewing process. Applicants should be aware that we carry out working with children, police records and reference checks (as we see fit) to ensure that we are recruiting the right people.