TOP 5 Arts is media residency for graduate early-career practitioners and PhD researchers working in visual arts, performance, design, architecture and screen.
The scheme seeks to equip early-career graduate Arts practitioners and PhD Arts scholars with media and communication skills to share their ideas and specialist knowledge widely through expert commentary and analysis.
Winners will work alongside some of Australia's best journalists and broadcasters to train in the craft of radio and TV interviews and develop content across the ABC's platforms to engage new audiences.
Applications are now open for outstanding:
- Graduate, independent or freelance professional artists, or arts practitioners working for an Australian arts organisation.
- PhD-qualified early-career researchers and practitioners who are working at an Australian university or a research organisation.
Following this national call-out, applicants will be shortlisted for interview by a panel of judges. The final TOP 5 will undertake a two-week media residency in August at the ABC Southbank Centre in Melbourne. To apply, complete the short online application form using the link below:
Applications close Monday, June 1, 2020.
TOP 5 Arts: key 2020 dates
- Applications open: Friday, May 1, 9:00 am AEST
- Applications close: Monday June 1 at midnight AEST
- Interviews for shortlisted applicants: In the first week of July.
- TOP 5 Arts winners announced: Friday, July 3.