We are saddened to have to disappoint our audiences in this way,
however our first priority is and always will be the health and
wellbeing of our patrons, our employees, and the community at large.
In this challenging time, all of us at STC are concerned for the
wellbeing and long term viability of Australia’s vibrant and
internationally recognised arts community. We are especially mindful of
the plight of small organisations and freelance practitioners who do not
have access to resources or contingency plans.
We greatly appreciate your understanding during this difficult
period, and thank you for the support so many of you have already shown
us and fellow theatre makers. We’ve been fielding requests as to how
best you can help and we are very grateful to our patrons who have
chosen to donate their cancelled tickets back to us, as tax-deductible
contributions – generosity like this,and further donations, will be essential to mitigate the impact of this unprecedented global event.
These are uncertain times. One thing we can be sure of, however, is
that theatre is a necessary and vital space where communities are built,
nurtured and maintained. Its importance will only continue to grow as
we look to the future. Rest assured that we will be back and producing
shows as soon as it is safe and advisable to do so.
Kip Williams, Artistic Director
Patrick McIntyre, Executive Director
Cancelled performances until 16 June
- All remaining performances of No Pay? No Way! at Sydney Opera House, scheduled to run until 28 March.
- All performances of No Pay? No Way! at Riverside Theatres, Parramatta, scheduled from 1 – 4 April.
- All remaining performances of Triple X at Queensland Theatre, scheduled to run until 4 April.
- All performances of Home, I’m Darling at Sydney Opera House, scheduled from 6 April – 16 May.
- All performances of Triple X at Sydney Opera House, scheduled from 30 April – 23 May.
- All performances of The 7 Stages of Grieving at Roslyn Packer Theatre, scheduled from 30 May – 13 June.
Refunds and returns
Please be assured that ticket holders for cancelled performances are
entitled to a refund. We also have other ticket return options available
including a credit voucher valid for 3 years, or donating the amount as
a tax-deductible contribution which will be essential to our artists
and ongoing operations at this challenging time.
We will contact all ticket holders of cancelled performances
Ticket returns will be processed in order of performance date. In
this unprecedented situation, our Box Office is fielding a tremendous
volume of requests and while we are working to be as responsive as
possible, please be mindful that significant delays may be experienced
in our customer service channels. Please await our contact.
We greatly appreciate your patience, support, and understanding.