I’m writing today to advise you that, regrettably, the latest COVID-19 restrictions have compelled us to take the difficult decision to cancel or postpone all ASO concerts until Saturday 20 June.
We’re working hard behind the scenes, however, to produce and present a variety of music and ASO-related content for you to enjoy and to help keep you connected with the ASO family. Expect more news to follow.
The concerts and events affected so far are:
· Ben Folds: The Symphonic Tour, Thursday 19 March – postponed until early 2021
· Come and Play, Saturday 21 March - postponed until late 2020 or early 2021
· Musical Chairs Rehearsal, Thursday 2 April – postponed until late 2020
· Natsuko Plays Brahms – Master Series 2, Friday 3 and Saturday 4 April - cancelled
· Mozart at Elder One, Wednesday 8 April - cancelled
· Star Wars: Return of the Jedi In Concert, Saturday 18 April – postponed until late 2020
· Classics Unwrapped 2 – Royalty, Wednesday 20 May – cancelled
· Tchaikovsky’s Daydreams – Master Series 3, Thursday 23 and Friday 24 April - cancelled
· UNPLUGGED: Nirvana Reimagined, Friday 22 and Saturday 23 May – cancelled
· Essential Mendelssohn - Master Series 4, Friday 29 and Saturday 30 May – cancelled
· Finders Keepers, Friday 5 June – cancelled
· Heroic Horns – Master Series 5, Friday 12 and Saturday 13 June – cancelled
In every instance, if an event has been cancelled, ticket holders will receive communication from the relevant booking agency following this email to confirm cancellation arrangements. In accordance with Australian Consumer Law, refunds will be offered wherever a concert or event has been cancelled.
Exchanges, credits and donations
Many of our patrons have asked if there are alternatives to refunds that will help the ASO through this unprecedented period. For those who are able, please consider converting some or all of your ticket value to:
· a tax-deductible donation or
· a credit note for future use
· or for exchange to an event later in 2020.
From today, details and instructions on how to exchange tickets, convert them to a credit note or donation will be provided to ticket holders by email or phone.
Postponed concerts and events
If an event has been postponed, or rescheduled, we ask ticket holders to hold onto their tickets until the new dates are announced. If the new dates are not suitable, ticket holders will be given the opportunity to secure a full refund or take up one of the options mentioned above.
Stay tuned and stay healthy
Above all, we’re primarily concerned with the health and wellbeing of you, our supporters, our employees, and our suppliers, and the ASO stands ready to play its part in controlling the spread of COVID-19.
We’ll be doing everything we can in the coming months to ensure all South Australians, in spite of COVID-19, can remain connected to the ASO through our music.
We look forward to being able to entertain, motivate and inspire our audiences. We appreciate your patience and support in what are unprecedented times.