A diverse range of voices from the performing arts sector has articulated its priorities in the lead-up to the election, including urging an incoming government to retain the increased funding to the Australia Council.
The list of priorities, published in the online artsHub, has been developed by a coalition of six organisations: the Australian Major Performing Arts Group, the Australian Performing Arts Centres Association, AUSDANCE, the Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance, the Performing Arts Touring Alliance, Regional Arts Australia and Theatre Network Victoria.
Bethwyn Serow, Executive Director of the Australian Major Performing Arts Group, said: ‘As a group we are collectively committed to the development of the sector and have worked hard to identify our five shared priorities.’
The full list of priorities is:
1. The retention of increased funding to the Australia Council.
2. Full indexation to all arts grant funding.
3. Increase in national touring fund to support diversity and sustainability.
4. Strategic approach to sustainable international cultural engagement and export.
5. Strengthening of industry connection with the education and training sector to better align education programs and outcomes with industry needs and expectations.
Read artshub's story here.