Closing Date: 27 May, 2019
Venue and Events Coordinator (Roslyn Packer Theatre)
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading arts organisation in a hands-on position. We are looking for a proactive team player with a can-do attitude to support the Venue Manager at the Roslyn Packer Theatre. The successful candidate will be responsible for the sales and delivery of external and internal events at the Roslyn Packer Theatre. Great opportunity to work with high profile clients and artists and develop high level venue management skills.
Download the Position Description
This position is for an initial 1-year fixed term. The usual hours of work are 35 hours a week. However, the job requires a willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. The position is based at The Roslyn Packer Theatre, 22 Hickson Road, Walsh Bay, NSW.
In order to submit your application for this position, please forward:
Your resume and a response to the following selection criteria, which briefly demonstrates how your experience is applicable to the role:
Please note, applications which do not include a response to the selection criteria will not be accepted.
- An appreciation and experience of the art form of theatre, especially in an Australian context.
- Experience organising and coordinating successful events
- Strong understanding of Venue management and project management
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Exceptional administration skills including written skills, attention to detail and organisation.
- Competent in using computer programs such as Microsoft package, computer systems event
- Positive interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact equally well with professional associates, staff, hirers and sponsors.
- A willingness to self-direct and prioritise workload in accordance with business needs
- A dynamic approach to improving processes and systems.
- AutoCAD experience preferable
Applications close 9am Monday 27th May 2019.
Please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sydney Theatre Company encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, mature age workers, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTI+) people.
* Must be Australian resident or hold a current, appropriate working visa