Closing Date: 17 Feb, 2017
Technical Services Coordinator
This exciting opportunity for a hands-on and switched-on Technical Services Coordinator will be to provide administrative support including daily technical staffing administration tasks, invoice/accounts processing, preparation of financial reports and seasonal stage roster reports, payroll processing, recruitment admin and general administrative support.
Full-time, fixed-term 6 month contract
Opera Australia is Australia's national opera company, dedicated to enriching Australia's cultural life with exceptional opera and sustaining and developing the art form, with over 600 opera performance a year. The Company works with leading directors and designers, and employs a large number of highly skilled people in the areas of scenic construction and painting, wardrobe and wig-making, stage production, management and administration.
The primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Formalise the engagement of all new staff within the Technical Services Department through preparation and organisation of personnel contracts;
- Maintain personnel files and Technical Rostering records in ArtsVision and Smartsheet;
- Process casual and seasonal timesheets against rosters for staging and stores staff and prepare payroll transactions, as authorised by the Business and Operations Manager;
- Responsible for the administration of all technical staff travel and accommodation arrangements, awards and allowances;
- Source and coordinate technical staff training requirements;
- Monitor and document purchase orders, miscellaneous charges, leave entitlements, accruals and payments in collaboration with Payroll and Finance;
- Maintain and update personnel files, contact lists and spreadsheets;
- Work with HR to identify training, contracts and induction requirements for the Technical department staff;
- Coordinate, attend and take minutes for department meetings and distribute meeting and other documentation across the wider company;
- Assist the Technical Services Manager with other administrative duties as required.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven financial and administration experience (2 years minimum);
- Advanced IT knowledge, specifically MS Office, databases and cloud-based software;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Sound financial experience, including budget management, business analysis and reporting experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Highly organised self-starter with the ability to manage competing priorities.
Excellent organisational and communication skills are a must, coupled with a strong work ethic and the motivation to make a difference. In return for your excellent performance, you will be rewarded with excellent growth opportunities, a great work culture, on-the-job perks, and a good work-life balance.
If you’re the highly efficient, tech-savvy and switched-on candidate we’re looking for, apply by filling out the form below.
Applications close Friday 17 February 2017 at 5pm (AEDT)