Closing Date: 14 Jan, 2019
Casual position at Sydney Dance Company.
Hours of Work and availability
This position is a casual position.
It is normal for a Teaching Artist to work one to two days per week during school term. Hours are normally dictated around school hours. The job does require willingness to work flexible hours. Teaching Artists will be required to attend a four day training period at Sydney Theatre Company from Monday 18 February to Thursday 21 February 2019.
Salary and Entitlements
- $47.50 per hour (for lesson planning, meetings and training)
- $162.50 per workshop
- 10.5% superannuation
The Teaching Artist is responsible for delivering School Drama™, a Sydney Theatre Company (STC) program that offers a practical and engaging experience for teachers and students, while providing teachers with new and useful skills and strategies that they can adapt across the curriculum.
The objective of the Teaching Artist on the School DramaTM program is to increase teacher confidence and capacity to utilise drama pedagogy (Drama as a teaching tool), together with quality literature, to enhance literacy and English outcomes in primary school students.
- Professional actor, director, applied theatre or community theatre practitioner/facilitator who has experience working with young people (particularly primary school aged children)
- Teaching/facilitation experience
- Genuine interest in young people and literacy education
- Able to commit to delivering the weekly program during term 2, 3 and/or 4.
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for and understanding of the pedagogy/ideals of the School Drama™program
- Flexibility, quick thinking and sense of play
- A presence that will instil confidence in a teacher who is nervous about using drama
- Ability to observe and provide feedback to the teacher about their progress
In order to make your application for this position, please forward your resume and a cover letter briefly demonstrating how your experience is applicable to this position as outlined in the criteria below (see capabilities and competencies). Please note, applications which do not address the selection criteria (capabilities and competencies) will not be accepted.
Applications close of business Monday 14th January 2019.
Please forward your application to: email@example.com
We encourage all applicants to read about the School DramaTM program via the website www.sydneytheatre.com.au/schooldrama
*Must be Australian resident or hold current, appropriate working visa