Closing Date: 21 Jun, 2019
Section Principal Oboe
Orchestra Victoria seeks a musician of outstanding ability for the full-time position of Section Principal Oboe.
Download the Position Description
Interested in working in one of Australia’s most innovative orchestras, in the one of the world’s
most liveable cities? Orchestra Victoria is a performance partner of Australia’s national ballet
company, The Australian Ballet, and national opera company, Opera Australia. The orchestra
also has a rich performance life beyond the pit, providing music festivals, orchestral concerts
and education programmes, across the beautiful state of Victoria.
Orchestra Victoria offers:
• excellent salaries
• performance opportunities in the greatest of opera, ballet, symphonic and chamber
• a very exciting and friendly working environment
• world class health and wellbeing programs for musicians
Orchestra Victoria seeks a musician of outstanding ability for the full-time position of Section
The salary for this position as a Level A Section Principal Musician starts at $84,925 per annum
plus superannuation and allowances. The position, if offered, will be, initially, a three-year
contract, subject to a trial period in accordance with the Orchestra Victoria Enterprise Agreement.
Applications are open to Australian and New Zealand citizens and Permanent Residents of
Audition date: Tuesday 9 July 2019
Audition location: Joan Hammond Hall, 77 Southbank Boulevard, Southbank, VIC
Recorded auditions will be accepted.
- Mozart Concerto for Oboe in C major with piano accompaniment
First movement, with cadenza
Second Movement, without cadenza
- Strauss Concerto for Oboe in D major with piano accompaniment First movement
- Grovlez Sarabande and Allegro with piano accompaniment
- Orchestral excerpts - Available following receipt of formal application from Tuesday 7 June 2019 for candidates attending the audition in person and Friday 31 May 2019 for candidates submitting a recorded audition.
How to apply
Complete the application form below and provide a CV email@example.com
More information: Please contact Angela Chilcott on 0427 609 504 or firstname.lastname@example.org