Closing Date: 30 Nov, 2018
Bell Shakespeare is seeking an experienced Production Manager to join the Operations team.
- Sydney Based
- Full Time
Bell Shakespeare is seeking an experienced Production Manager to join the Operations team. The Production Manager is primarily responsible for providing production support to the Head of Production in the planning and delivery of the Company’s activities, specifically providing support to the Company’s stage productions, workshops, installations, functions and events in a range of venues across Australia.
The successful applicant will be an active participant in all activities associated with Company activities and facility maintenance, produce and manage production schedules, develop project timelines and coordinate spending within allocated budgets. The Production manager will support the Head of Production in the supervision and direction of production teams, researching and sourcing equipment, as well as maintaining accurate records and documentation within the production environment.
This role forms a key part of the production department, working closely creative teams, builders and suppliers to ensure that all production and design requirements are achieved to the highest standard. The successful application will be an excellent communicator and a passionate, driven contributor to the production team.
- Demonstrated professional industry experience of at least 5 years
- Strong knowledge and experience in theatre production techniques
- Experience in the touring and delivery of live theatrical works
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Ability to create and interpret technical drawings using CAD software
- An empathy and passion for the artistic process
- Proven ability to work in a team environment whilst also able to work autonomously
- Flexible attitude to duties, responsibilities and working hours within the skill set of the position
- High level computer skills, particularly using spreadsheets and word processing software
- Ability to keep detailed written and electronic records
- Must hold a current driver’s license
- Be an Australian Citizen or hold permanent residency
- Tertiary Qualifications in arts, arts management and/or theatre technical and production fields
- Knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety requirements in a production environment and prior experience producing WHS documentation including Risk Assessments and Safe Work Method Statements
- Experience in the planning, installation and operation of technical systems
- Experience in coordinating set and prop construction and an understanding of construction processes and timelines
- Experience in using tools and machinery
- Forklift licence
- Dogging and/or Riggers certification
If you are interested in the role please send through your CV and a cover letter for the attention of:
Head of Production
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday the 30th November 2018.