Closing Date: 18 Sep, 2018
Philanthropy Officer, Annual Giving
The Philanthropy Officer, Annual Giving is responsible for increasing the total numbers of philanthropic donors to the Sydney Symphony Orchestra and increasing the total value of donations to the Orchestra.
- Spearhead fundraising efforts and campaigns that enable large numbers of donors to give to the Orchestra on a regular basis;
- Utilise direct mail, telephone, digital media and crowd funding to attract donors and grow over time the dollar value of donor gifts;
- Design, implement and coordinate a comprehensive stewardship program, deepening the donor relationship by demonstrating the impact of their giving through regular communications;
- Encourage donors to inform the Orchestra of their bequest intentions through direct mail and telephone;
- Work with Philanthropy colleagues to strengthen and increase our donor base;
- Achieve annual fundraising goals;
- Attend concerts and special events and assist with donor program activities and campaigns; and
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years successful experience of individual gift donor fundraising;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- A creative thinker with excellent planning and analytical skills;
- Self motivated, reliable, energetic and ability to perform under pressure;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Passion for the arts and music; and
- Highest possible ethical standards in all aspects of professional life.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close on Tuesday 18 September 2018.
To apply for the position please email your up to date resume and your application letter to Michel Hryce, In-house Counsel, People & Culture email@example.com