MICMC Competitions Producer
The Competitions Producer is responsible for the successful delivery of the 2018 Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition (MICMC). Part Time Fixed Term Contract to December 2018 0.8FTE (maximum 30 hpw)
- The Competitions Producer has overall responsibility for the achievement of relevant revenue and sales targets for the Competitio andhas overall responsibility for the successful delivery and presentation of MICMC
- Proven expertise in the planning and delivery of festivals or competitions, preferably involving international artists
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as negotiation skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good understanding of marketing principles with demonstrated experience in implementing marketing strategies
- Demonstrable financial and analytical skills to effectively manage budgets
- Demonstrable experience in achievement against sales and revenue targets
- Ability to collaborate, work in a team and communicate with multiple stakeholders
- Eye for detail and a demonstrated ability to work under pressure, with accuracy and efficiency.
- Knowledge of classical music and familiarity with the national and international music community is preferred
Send your resume and a letter of application addressing the key skills and experience required of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Applications without a cover letter addressing the position requirements will not be considered. Musica Viva is a family friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse cultural and regional communities. We also welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
The Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition is one of the world’s great chamber music launching pads.
We discover and nurture the next generation of ensembles, seeking out musicians who personify chamber music’s ability to engage the head and the heart with performances that thrill, delight and inspire.
MICMC ensembles ensure a vibrant future for the artform, redefining the intimate relationships between players, audiences, and composers for the 21st century.
Purpose of position
The Competitions Producer is responsible for the successful delivery of the 2018 Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition (MICMC).
This fixed term contract part time role reports to the GM Victoria and works closely with the MICMC Artistic Director, MVA National Office, casual staff, volunteers, PR and media consultant and interns to oversee all aspects of promoting and presenting MICMC 2018.
Key Skills and Experience
Full job description can be foundhere