Closing Date: 07 Jan, 2019
Head of Corporate Partnerships
The Head of Corporate Partnerships plays a central role in achieving Queensland Ballet’s (QB) vision to enrich lives through ballet and our current strategic plan’s aim to leave a long-lasting legacy for QB.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, Corporate Partnerships and Enterprises, this experienced development professional will be able to juggle multiple small and large-scale relationships and initiatives to assist in the delivery of an ambitious corporate development target – and will also possess:
- an altruistic nature
- a passion for classical ballet and the arts
- an ability to build and sustain successful professional working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- a sophisticated attitude to project management in the unique QB environment
- management skills to inspire and motivate others
- an understanding of the way in which dance/the arts can impact positively on and support community physical, social and creative wellness
# The position requires some inter- and intra-state travel.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing, Corporate Partnerships and Enterprises.
The Head of Corporate Partnerships will directly manage the Corporate Partnerships team which comprises:
- Corporate Partnerships Manager
- Corporate Partnerships Engagement Manager
- Corporate Partnerships Executive
- With the Director of Marketing, Corporate Partnerships and Enterprises, develop and deliver the Corporate Partnerships strategy encompassing corporate partnerships, corporate membership initiatives and other income-generating events and endeavours.
- Develop an effective sales strategy, new business pipeline and ongoing renewal to consistently deliver the corporate partnerships targets.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the corporate partnerships team to consolidate and build a strong record of engaging companies in strategic, long-term, core business engagements.
- Map, research, prospect and secure six-seven figure+ corporate prospects across all sectors.
- Facilitate meetings, develop pitch materials, steward corporate prospects and lead the negotiation of agreement terms and develop contracts.
- Take active steps to develop strong, long-term relationships with key corporate executives and other staff of current and potential corporate partners.
- Ensure that the culture of the Corporate Partnerships team is healthy and thriving, to facilitate an inspired environment and inspired team, at all times; consider professional and personal development of all team members
- Where appropriate and required, manage support staff, freelance, temporary employees and consultants, and oversee corporate partnerships budget.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, demonstrating firm adherence to cash-flow timelines by facilitating appropriate invoicing and campaign deadlines.
- Ensure all corporate partnership deliverables adhere to guidelines of health and safety prioritising people over outcomes first and foremost.
- Work closely and collaboratively with to identify opportunities and challenges, and monitor initiatives currently enabled through Corporate Partnerships activity.
- Coordinate internal stakeholder relationships held by QB Board, Artistic Director, Executive Director, senior leadership team and other QB team members.
- Liaise with internal teams and work collaboratively to ensure key communication, marketing and support to serve to heighten the stakeholder experience across all activities.
- Seek and foster nurturing relationships with thought-leaders for own personal and professional development to ensure inspired and engaged attitude at all times.
- Represent/pitch QB at local, state and interstate forums, meetings, workshops and networking activities and consistently promote all QB activities.
- All other tasks as required.
- Tertiary qualification in fundraising, creative industries, business or similar, combined with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in securing, implementing and maintaining corporate partnerships and fundraising initiatives within the arts sector;
- Demonstrated success in anticipating, understanding and responding to the needs of corporate partners to exceed both parties’ expectations within organisational parameters;
- Demonstrated experience developing fundraising business strategy, preparing corporate partnership proposals, managing budgets and revenue reporting;
- Proven management experience combined with exceptional relationship management skills and a high level of ability and enthusiasm for networking, pitching and building ethical and values-based corporate relationships; and
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving ability including the ability to plan, prioritise, meet deadlines and deliver results effectively and creatively.
20 working days per year (pro rata)
Ten working days per year (pro rata)
Six months from commencement.
Hours of Work
Office hours are nominally 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday but the appointee is regularly required to be available to work at events after hours and on weekends.
Salary will be negotiated with the preferred candidate. Superannuation is paid into the superannuation fund of your choice, currently at the rate of 9.5%.
Queensland Ballet provides a supportive and collaborative team environment combined with the opportunity to play an integral role in a dynamic and progressive organisation that is paving the way for the future of Ballet in Queensland. Queensland Ballet offers all employees access to dance classes and various other health and well-being initiatives.
To apply for this position please forward a covering letter, current resume and statement addressing the selection criteria via mail to:
Head of Human Resources
PO Box 3791
South Brisbane QLD 4101
Or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referees will be sought from candidates following the interview process.
Applications close 5pm Monday 7 January 2019. Applications received after this time may not be considered. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified via email on completion of the recruitment process.
For further information or for a confidential discussion please contact the Head of Human Resources on (07) 3013 6666. We respectfully advise that no agency applications will be considered at this time.
To reflect the diversity of the communities and people with whom we engage, we seek to hire a workforce that is both representative and diverse. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we are committed to supporting you in your career with Queensland Ballet.