Closing Date: 31 Dec, 2018
Due to growth in our NSW team, we are seeking a talented Education Executive to join us in a newly created 0.8FTE (4 days per week) part time position.
Musica Viva’s Mission
Musica Viva inspires through ensemble music of quality, diversity, challenge and joy.
Purpose of position
The Education Executive NSW, NT & TAS is the key relationship holder with schools and school teachers in NSW, NT and Tas, and holds chief responsibility for sales of the Musica Viva In Schools (MVIS) program and professional development to schools and teachers in those states and territory, complementing the schools’ music curriculum and fostering children’s interest in and love of music.
The position reports to the National Manager, Education and also supervises the Education Coordinator, NSW, NT & TAS.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Revenue Generation
Establish and maintain strong relationships with teachers and schools, in order to achieve annual MVIS targets for NSW, TAS and NT
2 Professional Development program
Work with Professional Development Manager, plan annual teacher PD calendar for NSW, NT & TAS including identifying region needs and securing venues
- Leverage contacts with teachers and schools in order to achieve annual PD targets for NSW, NT and Tas
- Work with Marketing Department to execute effective marketing of PD events, including personal communication with schools and principals when necessary
- Attend and host PD events when budget permits around NSW, NT & TAS
- With the Program Executive, Education, manage NESA accreditation process for live and online PD, including the casual staff as and if required
3 Special projects and residencies
Under the direction of the Relationships Manager, Education, assist with the delivery of funded projects and residencies in NSW, NT, TAS, including:
- Liaise with target schools/teachers in funded regions in order to fill touring schedules
- Distribute subsidy funding as well as other distributions prescribed by funding proposals
- Organise and attend meetings in target regions as required
KEY COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE OF POSITION HOLDER
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
- Experience in an arts administration role
- Demonstrated ability to lead others
- Demonstrated knowledge of the music education and/or music industry
- Demonstrated understanding of the workings of schools, particularly in NSW
- Demonstrated aptitude for relationship building and sales
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of initiative
- Experience with software such as Word, Excel and databases
- Strong time management, superior organization and multitasking skills
- A full clean driver’s licence
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
- Tertiary Music, Music / Education or Arts Management qualification
- Music teaching experience, particularly in a primary classroom environment
- Tessitura experience or knowledge
To apply: Send your resume and a letter of application addressing the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers on (02) 8394 6613.
Please include a covering letter as applications without a cover letter addressing the position requirements will not be considered.
Musica Viva is a family friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse cultural and regional communities. We also welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Monday 31 December 2018