Closing Date: 31 Dec, 2018
Due to an internal staff move, Musica Viva is seeking a motivated Arts Administrator to join their successful Education program
Musica Viva’s Mission
Musica Viva exists to connect audiences with ensemble music of quality, diversity, challenge and joy, which inspires personal fulfilment and cultural vibrancy.
Purpose of position
The Education Coordinator NSW, NT & TAS assists with the maintenance of relationships with schools and school teachers in NSW, NT and Tas, and assists in sales of the Musica Viva In Schools (MVIS) program and professional development to schools and teachers in those states, complementing the schools’ music curriculum and fostering children’s interest in and love of music.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Customer service
- Attend to incoming phone calls and emails from NSW, NT and Tas schools regarding MVIS, professional development and special projects, and forward inquiries as appropriate
- Be first port of call for inbound customer and state manager telephone, email and Zendesk queries from NSW, NT and TAS schools in relation to MVIS & Professional Development online platforms and escalate inquiries if needed.
- Coordinate the distribution and collection of information to schools, including digital resources, performance confirmation letters, pre-visit sheets and final attendance numbers
- Solicit, collate & file feedback from schools and artists with relation to special projects
- Collate & file creative work (drawings, photos), stories and endorsements received in relation to the MVIS program in NSW, NT and Tas
2. Revenue generation
- Provide support to annual marketing campaigns to promote MVIS activities, including receiving and attending to inbound enquiries.
- Report weekly sales for NSW, TAS and NT to Marketing and the Education team.
- Process MVIS booking forms from Box Office, including checking information provided, following up with schools for missing information, data entry and distributing information to schools as required.
- Schedule (and re-schedule as necessary) NSW, NT and Tas MVIS tours, professional development seminars and other MVIS events, taking into account artist availability and school requests
- Maintain relationships with MVIS artists servicing NSW, NT & TAS; negotiate artist availability for home state performances
4. Professional Development
- Provide support for Musica Viva Professional Development sessions, including making presenter travel arrangements, booking catering, preparing materials and documents to be supplied at the PD event.
- Attend and assist at professional development sessions as required
KEY COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE OF POSITION HOLDER
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
- Previous experience in an administration role
- Strong time management, superior organization and multitasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of initiative
- Resilience and an ability to keep calm under pressure
- Experience with software such as Word, Excel and databases
- A full clean driver’s licence
- Eligibility for a NSW Working with Children Check
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
- Music and/or education experience
- Tessitura experience
To apply: Send your resume and a letter of application addressing the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers on (02) 8394 6613.
Please include a covering letter as applications without a cover letter addressing the position requirements will not be considered.
Musica Viva is a family friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse cultural and regional communities. We also welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Monday 31 December 2018