Closing Date: 14 Mar, 2019
Donor Services and Legacy Gifts Executive
The Donor Services & Legacy Gifts Executive supports the Major & Legacy Gifts Manager to deliver Sydney Theatre Company’s major and legacy gifts programs, with a particular focus on donors who support STC’s productions and artist development initiatives.
POSITION TITLE: DONOR SERVICES & LEGACY GIFTS EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: MAJOR & LEGACY GIFTS MANAGER
The Donor Services & Legacy Gifts Executive supports the Major & Legacy Gifts Manager to deliver Sydney Theatre Company’s major and legacy gifts programs, with a particular focus on donors who support STC’s productions and artist development initiatives. At STC, major gifts are donations over $10,000; legacy gifts are donations included in Wills.
- 1. Support the day-to-day operations of STC’s major gift program, including: donor ticketing requests; administering event RSVPs; general donor correspondence; fulfilling donor engagement plans; donor research; portfolio management and reporting.
- 2. Support the day-to-day operations of STC’s legacy gift program, including: stewarding confirmed legacy gifts pledgers; portfolio management and reporting.
- 3. Support the coordination of selected stewardship and fundraising events for major donors and legacy gifts prospects, including: Pier Group events; Rehearsal Room events; special access opportunities for Production Patrons and Artist Program donors; legacy gifts events; personal meetings.
- 4. Maintain the accuracy and integrity of donor/ prospect records, processes and systems.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / INTERACTIONS
- Director, External Relations and Private Giving – to provide support services as required.
- M&LG Manager – to provide support services as required, to seek approval, discuss the development and implementation of activity and the progress of operational requirements, to share information, and discuss opportunities.
- Annual Giving & Analytics Manager – to ensure that legacy gifts touchpoints are integrated into the philanthropy communication plan and stewardship cycle.
- Philanthropy Department – to share information, discuss opportunities and ensure integration across department business.
- Box Office – to coordinate major donor ticketing requirements.
- Major and legacy gifts donors and prospects, including Production Patrons; Artists Program donors; legacy gifts pledgers and prospects - to cultivate and steward.
Major donor stewardship including:
- With the M&LG Manager and as determined by relevant moves management strategies, ensure that major donors are invited to events and engagement opportunities as appropriate.
- Assist the M&LG Manager with donor correspondence, including writing invitation copy, creating email templates and proof-reading documents.
- Facilitate ticket bookings, exchanges and hospitality requirements for major donors.
- Process donations, generate receipts and organise thank you letters and cards.
- Assist the M&LG Manager in organising and running engagement activities for major donors.
- Proactively identify bespoke opportunities to involve major donors with STC’s work, dependant on their personal circumstances and areas of interest.
Major donor administration and reporting, including:
- Ensure that database records, including major donor portfolios, are up-to-date with accurate information.
- Ensure that major donors are acknowledged in project promotional materials.
- Manage record-keeping on program activities and achievements for use in reports to donors.
- Prepare customised briefing notes and donor profiles for events and campaigns as required.
- Report on moves management strategies as required.
Legacy gifts administration, including:
- Research legacy gifts prospects, as determined by data insights and staff referrals.
- Ensure that database records belonging to legacy gifts pledgers are up-to-date with sufficient documentation and accurate information.
- Oversee the legacy gift prospect portfolio and ensure that moves management strategies are being fulfilled.
- Report on moves management strategies as required.
Legacy Gifts stewardship and communications, including:
- With the M&LG Manager, ensure that legacy gifts pledgers are invited to events and engagement opportunities as appropriate.
- With the Annual Giving & Analytics Manager, ensure that legacy gifts touchpoints are integrated into the philanthropy communication plan and stewardship cycle.
- With the M&LG Manager, respond to legacy gift information enquiries.
- An appreciation of the art form of theatre, especially in an Australian context.
- Knowledge of the philanthropic environment, current trends, issues and the economic climate.
- Experience in developing and maintaining customer or donor relationships.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to tasks; ability to juggle conflicting priorities and anticipate potential issues.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills and confident telephone manner.
- Positive interpersonal skills; ability to interact well with individuals of varying levels of seniority.
- Excellent written communication skills, including editing and proof-reading.
- Effective research skills; ability to consolidate research in a concise and relevant format.
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Discretion and judgment in dealing with sensitive data on individuals.
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in database management, particularly Tessitura.
- Ability to work evenings and on occasions weekends.
This job description describes the broad scope of the role and is not an exhaustive list. It may also change from time to time with due consultation to meet the changing needs of the business.