Closing Date: 23 Nov, 2018
Deputy Company Manager
The Deputy Company Manager is responsible for assisting and coordinating the management of cast, creatives, company touring and logistical support for our mainstage productions, education programs, functions and events within our national program of activity.
- Sydney Based Full Time
- 1 Year Contract
- Exciting opportunity to join major performing arts organisation
- Small, dynamic and dedicated team
Bell Shakespeare is one of Australia’s foremost theatre companies. We are seeking an experienced Deputy Company Manager to join the Operations team. The Deputy Company Manager is responsible for assisting and coordinating the management of cast, creatives, company touring and logistical support for our mainstage productions, education programs, functions and events within our national program of activity.
The role will primarily support the Company Manager to arrange and facilitate touring and logistical support across all company activity and coordinate the administrative elements of the company management department. The role will also support the Company Manager to ensure that a safe and healthy working environment is maintained and that the obligations of the employer are met for all cast, creatives and production staff.
The Deputy Company Manager role is a full time 1-year contract and will be based in our Sydney office in The Rocks.
As part of the Bell Shakespeare team, you will
- Receive complimentary tickets to all Bell Shakespeare productions
- Receive ongoing professional development
- Have the opportunity to work within major performing arts venues, including Sydney Opera House, Arts Centre Melbourne and Canberra Theatre Centre
To be considered as a successful applicant we require;
- A minimum of three years' professional arts industry experience
- Experience in working with and managing artists in a performance environment
- An understanding of the artistic process and the ability to work with creative teams
- Experience in managing tour and travel logistics
- High level proficiency in the use of computer systems (including the Microsoft Office suite)
- Current Australian Driver's Licence
- High level of attention to detail with an ability to provide a high standard of administrative support
- Proven ability to work in a team environment whilst also able to work autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise, organise and coordinate
- A willingness to work on weekends and in the evenings when required, including receiving after hours' phone calls
- A willingness to travel interstate for short periods to time
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Current First Aid Certificate and/or Mental Health First Aid Certificate
- Touring logistics experience
- Company management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of theatrical awards and certified agreements
If you are interested in the role, please send through your CV and a cover letter for the attention of:
Charlotte Barrett Company Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Bell Shakespeare is an Equal Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, and culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply for this position.
Applications will close at 5pm on 23rd November 2018.